Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Animation 2- Day 2

It's Rachael's turn to blog today.Yay...
Wow it's been awhile since I feel this tired. Yesterday I waited for almost an hour for the stupid bus to arrive. There goes 1 hour of my life. By the time I reached home I was so dead. No doubt about it I'm still in holiday mood. I better hope that the mood goes away faster.Haha.

So today we were suppose to present each of our individual storyboards. I think my version of the pregnancy story was the most retarded (in a good way) and funny-lame one. I realised that I took quite some time to think of something. Anyway, my version was inspired by 'Late-Night-With-Nafisah-On-The-Phone'. I was talking with Naf last night because both of us didn't really know what kind of concept we want or how we want to show the story. So we started talking about our girl character being very bimbotic twirling her hair and all. The topic then suddenly changed to Bollywood dance. We were saying our story should be a musical Bollywood. Right after that, there was one part when our guy character supposed to freeze at the word 'pregnant' and we said it should be like 'The Matrix' where the letters 'P R E G N A N T' come towards him in slow motion and he tried to dodge them but couldn't. This is when the topic suddenly changed to the tv show 'CSI'and the letters start going into the guy's flesh and head and all the blood splatters and his brain came out. So typical Naf. In the end we realised we were going no where so we decided to hang up. However, thankfully I got an idea on how I want to show the story.

We discussed today. Tri showed us her version and hers was really smart because she managed to minus off all the lipsynching and I thought hers was nice and simple, following the script closely and nicely. Andreas's storyboard was nicely done. He made the girl's character appear shy and goodie-too-shoes type. I found it, well actually all of us (Kez, Naf, Tri and I),a little anime-ish. Sorry Andreas but majority wins. But we took some part from him! When Brian (the guy character) turned into a cardboard and fell flat on the floor, he randomly drew a cat which looked like an obese Cheshire cat inside and made it walked on Brian when he was flat on the floor. Thank you for being random Andreas.

Next was Naf's turn. Hers was the same as Tri's except that her scene started out in a park. Kezia's story was emo like her. Her scene started out with Brian leaning against a wall and everything was slowly paced. Her ideas are more of the mystical type with all the different colors and background she wanted to use. We took that part from her storyboard.

My group didn't use my storyboard because it was too complicated and surreal. We need much more time and animators to do mine. Haha. Oh well at least they laughed at mine.

Right now, we have already decided on which part to take. We decided that the setting will be in a playground because park is too cliche. We are using Kez's part for the starting scene. Then we are using Tri's part for the conversation because hers allowed us to skip lipsynching. Now the famous scene which is Andreas's scene with the fat cat. We are planning to make the cat extremely fat so that it will look more comical and ridiculous (in a good way).

Oh yes and there's also one scene that we want to make it look comedic. When the girl bends down to wake Brian up, the screen will fade to black, and right after that there will be a farting sound followed by a ripping sound. The girl will then say "Oops" quietly to herself and suddenly screamed "Brian! Hello? Brian? Are you okay?". Brian will then be woken up by the stench of her fart smell. And his vision will be blurry. The ending scene will be Brian and his girlfriend hugging each other revealing the rip on her butt.

That's all for today. All of us are to come up with a character design and we'll be choosing the best one tomorrow. We are not sure if we want our characters to be human or not. Most probably human-simplified human. Other than that. we might be designing the playground. It might be in 3D or digital painted. That was all for today! Until tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Andreas here:
    eh i not planning to do animeish lo!, its jus a storyboard hello, urs stickman i nv say
    "CANNOT LA!! I dont want stickman!!"

    wah lao..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hey hey,
    no arguments here...we must work happyly..hahhahahhahahhaha

    Naf

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's been really entertaining reading Andreas and Rachael's blogging so far! good job at keeping the peace Naf. :)

    ReplyDelete