Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 06, 27 April 2009

Hello, It's Andreas again.. Miss me people? :D

Anyway, As Alan's consultation class for P3 dragged to 4 PM, our class also postponed to 4 PM. In the meantime, we divided the part to animate for our proof of concept. I will be animating the blur part (near ending), Rachael will be doing marylin Monroe and the cat part, Tri will be doing the logo and establishing scene, Naf will also be doing the establishing shots, the rubbing nose scene, and the guy woke up scene, Kezia will be doing the panning shot (from the pants to the head) and the relieved (retarded face). We also have long discussion about the sequence of the farting and the angling. Nafisah wanted to do the pan shot from the 'pants with hole' to the top view of her shaking Brian. She also wanted the scene to be after the 'oops' part. I wanted the 'pants with hole' scene after showing she continued shaking Brian. I also said that the angle Nafisah wanted may not work, since it may not work if you show a joke "straight in your face' instead of making it slightly more subtle. I also think the angle will not work as from top view you will not be able to see the hole in the pants. Kezia offered a better idea for the sequencing which is showing the 'pants with hole' first before the expression and all. I wanted the angle to show the pants with hole from 3/4 view with the butt shaking. However, Nafisah said it will be too obscene. Kezia preferred the woman to had their legs closed, though Nafisah wanted them to be open (and I thought we do not want obscene scene o_O)

Class started at 4 PM, our group managed to get the first consultation slot. However, Raj and me consulted with Amanda first about Thursday presentation. Raj and me will not be able to turn up, thus our group has to cover our part (we also have to do our part for proof of concept too apparently). Amanda approved the sequencing idea Kezia offered. She also said that the angle of the pants with hole is too obscene. She also liked Nafisah idea of the panning from butt to her shoulder view shaking (the top view). She asked us to obey the 180 rule as we reversed too much.
She also nitpicked the ending as it is 'too sweet' and one scene backview of Brian (the one he was a cardboard), another better way of making it is to make ir a 3/4 view.

After the consultation, we tried to take photo of the top shot. Apparently, I had to lie down on the floor while someone else (Tri initially and switched to Kezia) become the woman. We tried to take the butt with hole to top view however in doing so the camera had to move in circular manner (instead of normal panning), thus Kezia gave another idea to make it pan sideway instead now. We did the photo taking hastily and were done with it.

After that Tri and Naf go to record voices while Rachael, Kezia and I were quite free. I blogged at school meanwhile. Then, soon later I got phone call from Nafisah asking for help (this is getting out of topic but still event of the day... so yeah...). Apparently, the monitor switched off, I quite confused at frist but at last discovered the power supply was cut off -_-. Luckily ProTools had autosave feature so the voice clip is still intact.

This is Andreas reporting event of the day. Thank you and logging off...
i still have P3 and Animation 2 to do... damn I seriously no mood.. but what to do.. sorry for the short post...

Andreas mas'Oen (0705922c)

No comments:

Post a Comment