Andreas here, I was glad to be given the first privilege to write the blog.
Ah... holiday has just over... the class started at 3.00 PM, however it was a long wait after the Director COMM session (especially after the long talk, my stamina was totally drained) and I am also still in the holiday mood. Thus, I got rather sleepy even before class. Frankly speaking, I was quite happy when Amanda said today lesson will not be long.
Amanda started the class by giving us the project briefing. We were given some time to read it. The first word that intrigued most people was the word “blog”. Yeah, we had to write a blog and apparently most are unhappy with it. Fortunately, Amanda made the sharing blog session to be a group blog (yeah apparently animation 2 going to be a group project, thus one person only needs to write the blog once per week). Amanda explained that blog is of great importance as it is the only time for lecturer to know the progress of each individual group (rather than only solely relying on peer assessment).
We also had to finish an individual storyboard by tomorrow, but firstly we were allowed to form our own group. We already had our group members in mind. My group consist of Nafisah, Tri, Rachael, Kezia and me. We nominated Nafisah as the leader. We also discussed out group name while waiting for the others to form their group. Some ‘unique’ ideas were spouted like “Andreas and us”, “Andreas and the group” (I do not get why the word “Andreas” is commonly spouted). Finally, they used my ideas “four girls and a half” as the group name (yeah, apparently I am making fun of myself but who cares).
Amanda then asked the group leaders to collect the scenario from her. Nafisah picked a rather interesting topic “Pregnancy”. Each of us took a look at it and we decided to stick with it. We were rather unsure of the cardboard cut-out term so we asked Amanda about it. Amanda explained that the character sort of became a 2d character.
We discussed on the possible approaches to tackle this project. Nafisah said that she wanted it to be mixture of video, motion graphics and animation. However since the whole project has to have more animation it was rather hard. I wanted it to be fully-animated, however the other group members said that we do not have enough time, especially with the Project 3 and all. Thus, I told the other group members to do the individual storyboard first. We will discuss this again after we had the finalised storyboard and thus will have easier time in choosing the right approach. Amanda then asked me, Jarrold and Kevin to collect the Drawing for animation materials from her staff room. Meanwhile, the group is discussing on the schedule for the blogging and apparently mine is on every Monday. Tri promised to give me the blog address once she reached home. Amanda told us at the end of the class that we supposed to draw the storyboard in a sketchbook. The whole sketchbook is just a bonus (may used to support our stands in peer assessment later on) and will not be marked.
Once I reached home, I typed all this in word doc. Nafisah told me through MSN that video will be hard since we need to recue the place and weather is not constant nowadays.I am also unsure whether we can use non-human characters. Nafisah was rather unsure either, I guess I will ask Amanda about it tomorrow.
I think that is all I could think to write for today. Thanks for the attention, Andreas logging off...
ANDREAS MAS’OEN (0705922c)
No comments:
Post a Comment